Sunday, August 8, 2010

Saturday

We woke up late today. Rushing, rushing! Eating cheerios, fixing hair, putting on little dress and shoes. Mommy is the last to get ready. I have plenty of time, I tell myself. When I look at the clock again I'm late. Argh! Kindergarten will have to start without me, I guess.

Little one clings to me during the program. This happens occasionally, and I don't know what precipitates it. Relief comes during story time. Interest is arrested as a familiar story is told and the accompanying memory text is given. She knows the verse well and is excited to receive her reward sticker. I am proud of her. We say good bye to her teacher and friends and walk to church.

Afternoon is spent with friends: me ~ talking and laughing; her ~ running and playing. I watch as she races with her companions, sunlight gleaming on her golden hair and not a care in the world. What a wonderful gift! She comes to me, breathless, for a drink, then back to the race. All too soon it's time to go. We have more plans for the evening.

Fellowship with friends is sweet, as is the warm delectable cake they make for my belated birthday. Music and worship complete the day and my sweet one falls asleep in the car on the way home.

Tomorrow my other half will be home and I am glad. I've missed him. Life is good when our family is complete.





No comments:

Post a Comment