Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday

Morning already. 7:45 a.m. "Mommy! I slept in my bed all through the night!" "Mommy, I had a dream about my white shoes..." Groggily, I try to force my eyes open. Why can't I get a good nights sleep? Oh, that's right...my hips ache so bad that I have to keep turning from one side to the other. Thank you, little baby boy growing inside!

"Mommy, I'm hungry." Ok. We walk to the kitchen where my little helper girl gets out peanut butter and syrup for our waffles. I've been making waffles and freezing them so that we have a quick nutritious breakfast. Today she asks to put on her own margarine. "Ok, but Mommy will supervise." She is doing well, so I turn my attention to smoothie making. I look back. OOPS! She is intentional about making sure that every square has margarine in it. I assist her in removing some of the margarine, then apply peanut butter and syrup. I know, I know. Not a healthy combination. She moves to the table, I turn back to my smoothie. "Mommy, I can't eat yet." "Why?" I ask. "We haven't had prayer yet." Ahhh, yes. Heads bowed, prayer given, eating begins. Food finished. Dishes in dishwasher.

"Gracie, I need your help today with making sure our house is clean." She runs to clean her bathroom - a favorite pastime. I learn a new method of cleaning. Squirt hand soap in the sink, rub with hands. Rinse with spray bottle. She runs to me. "Mommy, come look at my sink!" "Gracie! What a good job you've done." She beams. Now on to clean around the sink. Once again, footsteps run. "Mommy, come look!" "Give me five, Gracie! This looks fantastic." She grabs my hand in excitement. The simple joy of a job well-done.


She picks out her outfit today, perfectly matching. I am proud of her. What a big girl she is becoming. We play dentist while I brush her teeth. She tells me that her mommy is at work today so she drove the car all by herself to her "appointment". Oh, please help me! She's only three and she wants to drive the car already? Have mercy.

Now, off to a play date while I clean the rest of the house and prepare food for tomorrow. She'll help me with banana muffins later. We talk about the Good Samaritan in the car. She tells me the story verbatim. I wish my memory was that sharp.

She'll run and play and fall asleep early tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment