Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Monday, Monday!

Little One has a play date today. She has such fun with her little friend. I miss her while she is gone, but it allows me to catch up on very important little things around the house that have been neglected.

My husband and I share a quiet lunch together, rare now-days. It's pleasant to sit comfortably in the presence of your partner, not feeling the necessity to talk, just enjoying the company. We work on various projects together and then Daddy goes to pick up Gracie-girl. They will spend the afternoon together running errands.

As the day wears on, I begin to look out the window often, wishing, hoping to see the car arrive in the parking lot. Finally, I hear a door shut and know it's them. My family has returned! I quickly open the window and shout "Lulu!" She looks up at me, smiles and waves, then runs to the stairs leading to our apartment. I open the door and wait for her to ascend, then give her a big hug. "I haven't seen you all day!" I say. "I missed you!" She just smiles and nods. Mommy can be a little silly sometimes.

Sometimes, I'm ashamed to admit, I wish for complete quietness and order in my life. It's days like today that make me glad that my wishes don't come true. I would never trade anything for the complete joy I feel when I am in the circle of my family.

1 comment:

  1. It is true. I crave time away with other adults, girl time. But when I am gone, I miss them both like crazy :)

    ReplyDelete