Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Bright New Day

Sunlight filters through my partially opened window blinds, nudging me awake. Quiet little footsteps signal the approach of my three-year-old daughter. She comes to my side of the bed. "Mommy, can we do research on petunias today?" "You want to research flowers now?" I whisper. My day, begun.

Breakfast, bath. Dress. Story time, sharing song. Little girl over-actively jumping on the couch. "Mommy, I need exercise!!!!" UGH. My eight month pregnant belly won't let me. What now? Creativity needs to kick in. What creativity? My brain is all but drained. I just want to sit and rest. It's only 11:30 a.m.?! I have the whole day in front of me....Bible video to the rescue so I can take a shower.

Shower accomplished...Now to the two loads of laundry. Manicure/Pedicure scheduled, YAY! Yesterday was my 31st birthday. I use some of my birthday gifts to pamper myself. Little one accompanies me. She is so good while I sit and relax. She wants her nails done, too. I tell her that I will give her a manicure when we get home. Out to dinner with just us girls and then home to unwind. We research donkeys instead of Petunias. Put together a cute craft using donkey cut-outs, glue stick, and toilet paper tube. Play hide-n-seek, modified tag, too. Momma can't run so well with her big belly. Now bath time.

I can see the end approaching. Time to take a deep breath. Relax and enjoy sweet companionship with a squeaky clean little girl who will soon be tucked safely in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment